Kakashi is the favorite character of many Naruto fans, and it’s not hard to see why. He wasn’t only an important factor in the story development, but also had a unique personality, cool appearance and he was a moral standpoint for the audience. His ideas and lessons were meaningful, and throughout the years he blessed us with fantastic quotes to learn from!
Here I gathered 59 lines to read from the wonderful Copy Ninja, expanding the original article that had 6! The first fifteen are the ones I consider the most impactful. They bring out the most emotions from a person, be it positive or negative. They provoke thoughts and are fun to get through. Then there are another 44 unranked, but still interesting to think about!
Table of Contents
Best Kakashi Quotes
Sometimes you can’t run from your fate. Actually, you should never do that. If you made decisions, you have to bear the consequences. Maybe it wasn’t from your will, but backing out of crises will just hurt others. Being a shinobi was never a guarantee for a good life for any of the characters, but Kakashi insisted to keep up the good spirit and the values of a true ninja.
3. It doesn’t matter what age we live in as humanity, changes always happened. The good old days were replaced with innovations, and despite their initial failures, these innovations one day became the tradition.
People often have a hard time accepting new things, but just like technology, the new techniques of jutsu are hard to respect from the start too. Kakashi could always look for new and better ideas, a true pioneer of ninjas.
4. Kakashi had many inner conflicts that revolved around the importance of ninja duties. His father killed himself due to the disgrace of not prioritizing the mission over his friends, and thus putting the whole village in danger.
Kakashi swore to not follow his father’s route, but after some time he had to realize the importance of teamwork. He changed his whole opinion on the matter for the better. Fantastic character development.
5. That’s true. There is no reason to keep regretting your past, and as no one knows what the future might bring, you should just live for the present.
6. Money can fill a man’s hands, but their heart can only be filled with love. This love can come from either just one person who means a lot to you, but the presence of your friends and family also contributes a lot to happiness.
7. Daydreaming is part of our everyday lives, but do we really think about useless stuff during that time? Maybe looking into our spirit is an important thing to integrate into our daily routine. No wonder the people who meditate are much more composed than others! But make sure to not lose yourself in mental training either.
8. In times of crisis, we all should focus on keeping others safe as well, not just ourselves. Kakashi learned the importance of teamwork through hard lessons, but he makes sure to teach his students the way of a true ninja, one that he experienced too.
9. Keeping your goals ahead of you is the first step to achieve things. But what if your only motivation is revenge? Nothing good will turn out of a mission only driven by hatred. Yes, wrath is the strongest weapon, but that’s a weapon that can damage you and your loved ones as well. A double-edged blade if you wish, that mostly hurts the wielder.
10. Our past mistakes haunt us for good. Regretting your decisions will make it even worse in some situations. Atoning for some mistakes committed can help the soul, but unless you can bring yourself over those missteps you will never fix your fate.
11. “Noblesse oblige” is a term that originated from the medieval french upper communities, and it roughly means, those who hold power are obliged to help the ones in need”. It might be familiar too from the anime Eden of The East, a wonderful thriller with a serious take on human responsibilities.
But what about the other way around? Should those who have nothing still give their all to make society better? Isn’t it just the mission of people who can make big changes? Is small help impactful in a long term? Kakashi asks many questions with his words but also gives answers to those who seek them.
12. One overpowered ability is often not enough to survive in the world of Naruto, so the important characters often brought out more and more astonishing powers as time passed, just like in any other shonen. Kakashi stayed true to his abilities from start to finish with some exceptions. He copied the movements of many with his Sharingan, and as he combined this experience with his lightning Chidori, Kakashi became a pretty versatile opponent for anyone.
13. No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.” You might have heard this line in the hit movie The Dark Knight Rises from Bane, but this line looks like a member from the Payday Gang could have said it as well. Kakashi looks like a cool guy, and his masks definitely played a big role in that. He primarily used his tilted headband to hide his Sharingan, but it played into his carefree biker persona too, without a bike of course.
Those who tend to stand out usually have a hard time in a homogenous community. Being unique is important but finding a calm to express yourself is also a key point in building a relationship. Unreasonable provocation is something everyone hates. On the other hand, just because you are different, it doesn’t mean that your features shouldn’t be shown to others around you. Balancing out the incoming and outflowing influence is an attitude that others might expect from you, be it personal or work-type relationships.
15. Being a teacher is a role that not many would accept nowadays. Their pay is often horribly low and they receive no respect from their pupils. The only thing we can do to keep them in their positions is to reinforce the idea that their jobs are still important. The teacher’s job should be appreciated. Kakashi cherished interactive and involved students, but those generations slowly faded out from Konoha too.
16. It is said by many that the people who stay neutral in a time of crisis are the real cowards, not even the ones who support the enemy. Seeing the world crumble right before you is an event when everyone has to join the battle, be it physical or spiritual. Defending your ideas is a very important thing, but only with an open mind can we see that the other one can be right from their perspective too.
More Kakashi Quotes?
These quotes aren’t as hard-hitting as the previous ones, but they still keep up some ideas that are worth going through, so make sure to keep reading!
- It is often said that the introduction plays a big role in forming opinions about others, so make sure to get a cool and unique opening yourself! First things first, start with a polite greeting, like “Hello!” After that can come your name, and a personal link that can connect the members of the conversation. It can be just your goals in the given situation too. And lastly, state your objective: Hey, I’m Hatake Kakashi. I hunt bad guys. You bad guy. Prepare to die.
2. Ninjas both in naruto and in real life had to cleverly deal with problems. Going in with brute force can’t be the only option, but sneaking and using your brains is a more fitting way of getting your job done. Well, it’s not always a situation where there is something beyond the disguise.
- Students are usually pretty tiring to deal with, but a good teacher just jokes with these lines. They care about the future of every one of their pupils.
4. It is also a lesson to be learned from My Hero Academia, but you should indeed trust your mates. Believe me, you are important to some people. And when it’s a time of need, they will come to help you.
5. Hatred grows emptiness, but that void is something that can be filled up with love and relationships. Don’t hesitate on cooperating with others!
- We often live for others, and it’s way more pleasant to see your loved ones smile than just doing things for yourselves. Of course, getting presents is good, but the look on someone’s face when they get something truly precious is one that can’t be replaced.
8. Being a bit harsh on your trainees can be motivational for them, but make sure to not step over the line. That was a bit rude Mr. Kakashi.
9. Kinhood is especially important in communities that are close to nature. If we go back further into history, we can find more and more people who would keep their families safe no matter the consequences. It’s a very important virtue to stand up for your loved ones!
- Kakashi always hated responsibility and used the most hilarious reasons why he was late. Well, this one looks legit.
11. Kakashi is a feared warrior, and if you manage to piss him off then expect nothing but punishment.
- Kakashi had a hard time understanding his father, and it was due to their rocky relationship that he valued missions over human lives for a long time. Only friendship could change his heart!
- Who wouldn’t, really.
- If you are not careful, your students can overgrow you! No surprise why the phrase “the student overcomes the master” exists, albeit its origins are debated.
15. Yes, the power of friendship, we have heard it many times. Naruto’s talk-no-jutsu worked very well throughout the series!
16. There are no stupid questions. Except yours.
17. Wounds can heal with time. Both physical and mental wounds can be restored if you can balance out your life. When you rest, it should be just resting. If you work, focus on your work. If you mourn, do it with faith in your future. Things will get better, but only if you won’t make it worse.
18. Kakashi is one of the most versatile and interesting characters, if not the best one from the Naruto franchise! Did you like his quotes? Check out our other articles about anime quotes, or the ones we’ve made about Naruto!
More Naruto Quotes
Madara Uchiha always spits facts! That’s why, we’ve got a list of some of the most POWERFUL Madara Uchiha quotes of all time that you